Monday, January 10, 2011

Hey Good Lookin'...Whattcha Got Cookin'...

Meg and I spent tonight with Grams. When we arrived at Coventry she and Harold were eating dinner with one of their friends. Grams (much to my surprise) was not eating a grilled cheese sandwich, but instead was eating ham-fried-rice and orange chicken. She ate almost every bite and then we took her chocolate ice cream back to her room and decided that we would hit the mall to look for a new dress.

We asked her what kind of a dress she wanted and she said she didn't want a skirt and a top, she wanted a one-piece dress. We went to Dillard's and headed up the escalators. Grams was in a fabulous mood and we were all laughing so hard that we had to stop on several occasions so Grams could catch her breath.

I've never been shopping with Grams, so I didn't know exactly what to point out to her. I soon discovered that when she didn't like what I was holding up she wouldn't say anything, she would just look the dress up and down and then look me straight in the eyes with this look on her face that seemed to say "You honestly think I would wear that?"

After a few minutes she found a two-piece dress suit that she liked (even though she said she didn't want a dress that was separates....funny Grams...) and she decided she would try it on. While she was in the dressing room Meg and I each grabbed a dress that we wanted her to try on and pretty much forced her to try them on. Meg had to help her figure out how to put on one of the dresses and I could hear them in the dressing room laughing their heads off as Meg tried to get the dress untwisted and over Grams' head. They finally figured it out and Grams came out to model for me...she was shocked that she liked the dress as much as she did....here she is:
She then tried on the other dress we picked out for her. Here she is modeling again (she was pretty bashful because Meg and I kept saying how pretty she looked):

She ended up buying the grey dress and was very happy that we talked her in to trying it on. I loved her in the black dress as well...so she just might be getting it from me and Meg on her next birthday.

After we purchased the dress we stopped by See's candies to get some chocolates:

(And if you are wondering, yes, Grams is missing one of her top teeth. She isn't sure when it happened and she has no idea where the tooth is. I asked her if she swallowed it and she said she very well could have...who knows? Also, I know my Mom is going to look at that picture and wonder what happened to her hair...well, we made her try on a lot of dresses and each time we took another dress on and off it got a little worse. I promise her hair was done when we picked her up :)

So all in all it was a very fun night. We had a blast hanging out with Grams and Harold was in a very good mood as well. Hopefully the good cheer continues!

(Oh, and on another side note...Grams told Meg and I several times how much she loves Sunday dinners at Dave's house. She also enjoys feeding Mr. Mud some of her food scraps under the table :)

2 comments:

  1. We had the best night! I love the picture of Chels and Grams at See's. And I especially love the captions below...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so adorable with Grams. She probably felt like a kid again. Just a note: She's got all her teeth again.(-:

    ReplyDelete