Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bob's Birthday

I figured I would post a little note about our outing with Grams last Thursday, October 7. It was my Dad's birthday, and as such he wanted us all to go out to dinner with him. I asked him if he would like Grams to come along and he said "YES!" of couse. So Cambria went and picked her up and brought her to dinner.
It was all 6 of us, my dad, Joyce, and 5 significant others, and Grams. My dad sat next to Grams, and I kept thinking how amazing it was that my 80-some-odd year old grandma had better hearing then my 56 year old dad. Then I realized Grams isn't much of a rock and roller, or a hunter like my dad, which is probably why they are both in the boat they are in.

Anyway, Cambria told Grams that she would just order something for her. But being the stubborn woman she is, she wanted to look at the menu and decide for herself. Now, I don't think you can go wrong with anything from the California Pizza Kitchen, except for one thing. I have always thought the Cheeseburger Pizza looks awful! Lettuce on a pizza?! NO THANK YOU! Of course Grams took one peak at the menu, saw the word cheeseburger, and said that's what she wanted. Cam tried to talk her out of it, but she wouldn't hear of it.
Sadlly, I think Grams only had one bite and called it quits. She did, however, have her regular root beer. Only she didn't finish off the meal with a chocolate shake. That is, as long as she didn't convince Ryan to stop by and pick one up for her as he so kindly drove her home. I haven't asked. :)

I love that Grams and my dad have always had such a close relationship. It meant the world to him to have her there, and to still be a part of our family. Thanks to all of you for making sure he still feels that way. It means a lot to him, and to us.

P.S. This post is probably pretty boring, but I decided to post it anyway....

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading all the details of this post, Meg! Thanks for taking the time to report.

    ReplyDelete