Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Carnival

I walked into Coventry on Wednesday afternoon to a smell that was not 'Halloweenish' at all. You know, pumpkin, caramel, apples....nope, none of those frangrances. There was No Doubt that somewhere, someone was getting a Permanent. Dave, Colleen and I grew up in a home where that spell could be frequent during the time there was a Beauty Shop in our house. I walked up the stairs to the in-house hair salon. Yep, it was Hilda Thomas at the hair dressers.

However, her 1:00 pm appointment lasted much longer than she thought. She was not done until 4:00, so we missed Relief Society/Priesthood. I told her that she would need to schedule it on a different day next time, but she seemed a bit pleased with herself that she had missed it. She is getting a little more upbeat about it though, since "that lady from the Relief Society is here. I think she lives here", Grandma told me.

A woman who makes wonderful handmade chocolates was in the lobby. By the time I got there Grandma had already given the lady $20 and said "Fill up a bag with $20 worth." She would have gone back to purchase again many more times if I would not have been there. I reminded her that she had two bags and that was enough. The Chocolate Lady returns in November and December. Better lock Grandma in her room that day.

The Halloween Carnival was not what was expected.....at least for the kids. It wasn't a Carnival. Just a Halloween meal with a musical program. Greta (a cat) and Lily (a fairy) came with me and Chantelle brought Kallie (a ladybug) and Nathan (a bear, I think.) He didn't have the hood on but was so adorable as were the girls. The kids were disappointed. I will do my homework next time to find out if the event will be worth coming for the little ones.

We went back to Grandma's room where she and I gave the kids some Treats. Just before I left with a large bag of laundry to do Dave and Kelsey came to watch some of the Jazz game with her. It was a day that kept her busy.

1 comment:

  1. Even if the kids were disappointed, I know Grandma loved seeing them. She kept on talking about how cute they all looked.

    ReplyDelete