Monday, September 13, 2010

FHE with Hilda & Harold

I tried Grandma twice today to confirm that we were coming this evening. I didn't get through to her in the morning or late afternoon. The kids and I decided to just drive over to Coventry, anyway.

She and Harold were both in her room. I told her I'd tried to call and she said I must have called during the times that she was at the cafeteria. I was glad to hear that she was eating something besides chocolate.

We had our FHE with them. They were both in good spirits - singing and playing "Button, button. Who has the button." Lily and Greta loved that Grandma and Harold wanted to keep playing the game over and over with them.

As we were leaving, Grandma offered all of her little Dove chocolates to the kids. Breaking my usual form, I agreed to take the chocolates. Don't tell her that they went in the trash when we got home. Maybe she finally OD'd on chocolate ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all your posts, Jenny. It's important to me to know how Grandma is doing, especially since I can't see her often in person. So, I appreciate you taking time to write. And for taking such good care of her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE that Lilly marches to the beat of her own drummer! Look at how cool she is in the last pic!

    ReplyDelete