Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A phone chat... twice

I phoned Grandma yesterday afternoon and she picked right up and was chipper and enthusiastic from the start. She was reading a magazine and had just come back from having lunch in the dining room. She wasn't as talkative as she has been over the last few months when I've called. I asked how she was enjoying her new home... She said it is a beautiful apartment with a great television. But, she still isn't happy there. In her words, there are lots of wheelchairs and walkers and she is normal and doesn't belong with them. But, she did have some nice things to say about her ward.

Grandma mentioned that Harold has been staying almost every night and how happy that has made her. She said she was just re-reading the birthday card Harold gave her last month and in it he told her that he loved her. She told me he had gone on Saturday to baptize one of his grandkids and she hadn't heard from him since and added that he better get back there that night or his name was going to be mud! (I was happy to hear in Megan's update that he did.)

We talked about how Gabriel is turning 1 year old this week. She asked if she had sent him a card. I told her I hadn't received one, but that it was still a few days away. Did she remember sending one? She didn't think she had, so was going to do it right then while we were talking.

A few hours later when I went to get my mail, low and behold, there was a birthday card for Gabe from Grandma! So, I phoned her back:
"Grandma, it's Kristin."
"Why again?", she asked. (I thought she'd be thrilled to get another call from me so soon! ;)
I told her that my mail arrives and that she HAD sent Gabe a card. She laughed & said it was too late, she'd already mailed another... and laughed again and said she's losing her mind. I told her not to worry... we'd just enjoy the double birthday wishes.


1 comment:

  1. I would love it if Grams called me mud... She talked about you and Gabe about 300 times while we were with her. I love that you two are always on her mind. It's just because you are both so happy! Maybe you should just move right on back to Utah. I'm sure that's the consensus from everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete