Saturday, September 18, 2010

Lily visits Hilda

Lil and I had a short 45-minute visit with Grandma yesterday (Friday). She was watching TV and asked me to teach her how to turn on the DVD player as soon as I entered the room. I'm sure several others have already shown her how to use the machine. I ended up writing the directions down on some paper, though I don't know how helpful my directions are going to be for her.

I tried to get her to do some knitting while I was there; she'd done one row. I asked her to re-teach me how to knit in the hopes that by explaining/showing she would better remember what Cambria had taught her last week. She wasn't interested in knitting right then; only wanted to watch The King and I with Lily. We only had a few minutes to watch the show before I needed to take Lily to kindergarten, but I was almost ecstatic about the fact that she was wanting to watch something besides South Pacific, and so the five year-old and the eighty-two year-old enjoyed some singing in Siam.

No comments:

Post a Comment