Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Thanksgiving Point - August 31st

Lily and I took Grandma to Thanksgiving Point Farm last week for Lily's last day of summer before Kindergarten began. I didn't realize that it was $2 Tuesday and that the whole of Utah, Salt Lake and Davis counties were going to be there as well. I nearly died when I saw how crowded it was. But, Grandma wanted to stay and walk through the farm with Lily. I offered to get her a wheelchair, but she preferred to walk. We were outside walking for nearly an hour, but we went slowly and the sun was mild that day. I had brought a lunch for the three of us to share - a good, yummy lunch, mind you - but when I got it out Grandma said, "Have you ever eaten at In-n-Out Burger?" LOL. I got the hint and asked if she felt like getting something from there for lunch instead of what I brought. She said, "yes." Though, when we got there the only thing she wanted was a chocolate shake. I'm sure that having her full dentures will make a difference.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited that we are doing this! It sounds like you guys had fun...and I guess there's no guessing where we all get our sweet tooth from. I'd rather have a shake than a cheeseburger any day of the week. Thanks for posting Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say ditto to Chels' comment. I laughed so hard when I saw that she just wanted a shake! Way to go grams! I'm glad she passed up the wheel chair and walked, and that she is feeling enough like herself to eat a shake for lunch as well. :)

    ReplyDelete